Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Most Important Man

Lately, Derick and I have been reading Boys Should be Boys, a book about...you guessed it...raising boys! Both of us have always known how important dads are because we have wonderful dads who have taught, loved, and inspired us. But this book really illuminates the incredible blessing and responsibility of fatherhood. The author provides very convincing statistics that show that dads, it seems, have the privilege of being one of, if not - the - most influential person in their sons' lives. As parents, we are regularly cognizant of our pivotal roles in our children's lives, but we have been letting that thought sink in..."the most influential person in a boy's life." What a weighty and wonderful responsibility.

For this reason, I celebrate and pray for my husband (today and every day) for he is a most important man in the lives of our boys. It is not an easy role but certainly a most rewarding one. I know two little boys who may not be able to say "I love you" with their words, but they show it with their enthusiastic greetings, delighted laughter, and sweet embraces for their daddy.

See the love captured in the pictures below.








At the end of a long day, we often have a laugh together and talk about how we are glad we are on the same team - Team Wyss, we affectionately (and not very creatively) call ourselves. At the risk of sounding overly corny, I declare Derick as our MVP - for his grace, patience, love, sense of humor, willingness to change diapers - a lot of diapers lately, compassion, protective nature, and delight. On this and every day, we appreciate and love you. Happy Father's Day, love.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Shannon for your wonderful elegant posts!! You are in fact the precious wife that we prayed for Derick from the beginning of his life!! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete